Foods to Avoid
Foods to Avoid with Braces:
- Sticky and chewy candies such as caramel, taffy, and gummy bears can get stuck in your braces and are difficult to remove, leading to tooth decay.
- Hard and crunchy foods such as popcorn, chips, nuts, and ice can damage your braces and cause them to come loose, prolonging your treatment time.
- Chewy and tough foods such as bagels, pizza crusts, and beef jerky can also damage your braces and cause them to come loose.
- Sugary and acidic drinks such as soda, sports drinks, and fruit juices can cause tooth decay and damage the enamel of your teeth.
- Hard and crunchy fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, and celery should be cut into small pieces or cooked until they are soft before eating to prevent damage to your braces.
- Chewing gum and eating sticky foods such as peanut butter should be avoided as they can easily get stuck in your braces and be difficult to remove.
- Tough meats such as steak and ribs should be cut into small pieces or tenderized before eating to prevent damage to your braces.
By avoiding these foods and drinks, you can help protect your braces and keep your teeth healthy during orthodontic treatment. Remember always to brush and floss your teeth after meals and snacks to remove any food particles that may be trapped in your braces.