Recently, we have been addressing the high demand for after-school appointments, particularly among school-aged children. As a parent of school-going children, we recognize students’ limitations in missing school time. We understand that an overcrowded afternoon schedule could compromise the quality of orthodontic care we provide. Quality care is a crucial aspect of our practice, and we strive to maintain it for all our patients.
To uphold our standards, we have revised our scheduling policies to align with those of most orthodontic practices. Please note that not all orthodontic visits can be scheduled outside school hours. Patients will be required to alternate their appointments between mornings and afternoons. With an average of 8-9 visits per year (scheduled every six weeks), 3-4 appointments per year may fall during summer vacation and school breaks, leaving only 1-2 appointments during school hours in each semester.
Please keep in mind the following guidelines:
- Missed after-school appointments will need to be rescheduled during school hours.
- We recommend scheduling your child’s next appointment before leaving our office. Waiting several weeks may result in having to schedule during school hours.
- If you cannot make it to an appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer it to another patient.
- Visits that require extensive work (such as repairs or removal of braces) will be scheduled during school hours.
- Non-school hours will be reserved for quick or routine orthodontic visits.
- Please note that morning appointments may not always be available at 8:00 am or on “Late Start” days when we alternate appointments between morning and afternoon.
These scheduling changes are not for our convenience but to ensure that every patient receives the same level of professional care. That’s what you’re paying for, and we take that responsibility seriously.